Wednesday, October 6, 2010

EOC week 1: excellent customer service

One of the best customer experiences I’ve had was at Wal-Mart. A few years ago I bought a GPS from them and it didn’t work when I tried to plug it in. I took the GPS back to the store but I didn’t have the packet that it came with. The customer service person that I took it to was very helpful and told me that it was ok that I didn’t have the packet as long as I had the receipt and I was able to exchange it for a new one. The lady also opened up the new GPS for me and plugged it in for me to make sure that it worked for me before I took it home. Because of this great experience I feel comfortable returning something to Wal-Mart and know that I’m going to get good service. “In a down economy, retailers especially should be focusing on customer service.”(Marketing: An Introduction for Education Management corporation, 10th Edition,4) 

No comments:

Post a Comment